Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Product: EC27 Guava Soap and RCC Amazing Touch's Products

I used EC27 Guava Soap, which I bought at RCC Amazing Touch clinic, for more than 4 years. And this is my review of the soap and of other RCC Amazing Touch products and services.

It was I think 2005 when my Aunt told me of a soap that she heard over the radio. All she could remember was it's called guava soap and can only be purchased at Amazing Touch clinics. I guess she told me this because she knew my battle with acne. I searched for the name of the clinic first and found out that they have branches at some SM malls. Good thing, there's one that's quite near our place.

When weekend came, I went to SM Southmall in Las Pinas to look for the RCC Amazing Touch clinic. I found it on the lower ground floor just beside Onesimus. It's not a facial nor derma clinic, like what I thought initially, but a warts-and-moles-removal shop. They perform non-surgical removal of moles, warts, skin tags and other unwanted skin marks using a Filipino-invented herbal solution derived from cashew. They also sell DIY removal kit if you want to do the procedure yourself.

I also noticed that they sell many soap products like papaya, glycerin, whitening, tea tree, etc. I inquired about the guava soap and the person at the front desk asked what's my concern. When I said that I want to clear my pimples, she told me that they have an anti-acne kit and asked if I want to try it instead. She said the magic word "anti-acne", of course I want to try it.


I forgot what exactly and how many items does the kit contain, but I'm sure it includes a tea tree soap and an antibacterial lotion. I think the third item is an antibacterial cream and I'm not sure if there is a fourth item. She told me how and when to use each product and to come back to the clinic after 2 weeks for a facial cleaning. Yes, they also offer facials and back scrubbing/cleaning. I remember the kit cost more or less P500 and gave me that hope that it will get rid of my acne.

After two weeks of meticulously following the instructions and using the products on my face, I did notice a significant difference. Most of my pimples, particularly the smaller ones, have dried up. And there are no new ones coming out. So I eagerly went back to RCC Amazing Touch, excited to have my facial.

Their facial includes a massage, pore cleaning, and tightening mask. The facial massage was very relaxing, rejuvenating and I felt like my skin was lifted slightly. The pore cleaning was, as usual, painful especially because I have MANY blackheads. The mask was just like any other tightening masks. But what I really love was the products that they used on my face. They smelled really good. They also use new sets of facial foams every session.

I went back there a few more times to have my facial (every two weeks for 5 sessions) and replenish my stock. After 3 months, my face was 90% clear already. There were one to two zits here and there, but that's it. All that's left were the dark pimple scars.

When most of my pimples have already dried up, they recommended that I use EC27 guava soap instead for maintenance, because the tea tree soap can be too drying for the skin and because the guava soap has whitening effect that will help fade my dark marks. They also said that I should continue using their antibacterial lotion to prevent future breakouts.

They said the guava soap is an all-around health soap. It has antibacterial, antiseptic and whitening properties that can cure 27 skin problems including acne, allergies, fungal infections and even Psoriasis. While the antibacterial lotion, that looks like a crystal-clear skin toner, has Clindamycin, a proven pimple-fighting active ingredient.




The guava soap may sting especially if you leave it on your skin for too long. The antibacterial lotion may sting a little too (but not like a harsh astringent type of sting) and redden your face for a while. But it will go away after a few minutes.

And for 4 years, these two products are the only ones that I used on my face and have effectively controlled my pimples. Somewhere in those 4 years, I tried to use Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Soap and developed strange and alarming bumps on my face. I switched back to using guava soap and swore never to try another soap again.

But the guava soap is not a beauty bar. It won't moisturize your skin, won't make it glow and I'm a little dubious of its whitening effect. It was just effective in preventing my pimples, especially when used with the antibacterial lotion.

The antibacterial lotion is RCC Amazing Touch's own product. It looks like clear water and you have to use it after you cleanse your face (like a toner). But sometimes, when I'm too tired to wash my face, I just use this water-lotion and a cottonball to wipe the dirt and oil off my face. I also use it as a spot treatment. Whenever I see or feel a pimple starting to form, I soak a small cotton ball with a few drops of the antibacterial lotion and press it against the pimple-wannabe for at least 5 minutes. It will sting and will leave a red patch but when I wake up the next morning, that spot will be pimple-free.

But a few months ago, I stopped using these two already. Okay, if they were effective, why don't I use them anymore?



Early this year, I noticed the guava soap and the antibacterial lotion seem to have lost their potency. Either the manufacturers' changed their formulation or my pimples have gotten used to them and developed immunity. Although some will argue that if a product is effective, it will be effective forever, I believe the reason is the latter.

Another reason is the guava soap, being not a beauty soap, did not improve the overall quality of my skin. I am not fond of using moisturizers or any beauty creams. And because the guava soap offers no moisturizing, glowing and toning benefits, years of using it left my skin dry and dull and not really fairer than before. That's why I decided, despite my promise to myself, to try other soaps.

I will probably purchase the antibacterial lotion in the near future, once I feel the immunity period has expired. But I think I have found some good soaps to replace the guava soap for a long time, if not permanently. Or maybe, I'll go back to using it again when my pimples becomes uncontrollable again.

And that's it, my review of EC27 Guava Soap and RCC Amazing Touch's Antibacterial Lotion. As with my other facial product reviews, you have to bear in mind that not all products will have the same results for everyone. Our skin types are different, the products that are effective for me may not be effective for you and vice versa. But I try to make every review as objective and detailed as possible so it can help you decide if you'll try it or not.

25 comments:

  1. I'm now on my 6th day with the facial lotion. I'm not sure if it's working for me. SOme whiteheads are turning into pimples. Just like you, my old anti-acne kit has given up on me. I was using it for 5 years but now bumps are starting to grow back. Didn't the lotion have any purging effects on your first week? Should I still give a couple of weeks til it works? Or maybe I should have had my facial first because my pores are filled with all sorts of comedone. Aw, been researching bout this product that's why I stumbled on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I don't think the facial lotion is as potent as it was back when I first used it. I have a separate review about it.

    I didn't purge then, my pimple just gradually dried up. But maybe wait and try it for a couple of weeks to see if it will have any positive effects on your pimples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i started using RCC amazing touch - tea tree soad, anti bac toner (cylindamycin) & anti-acne/pimple cream.. i guess my skin improves after
    a month of using it.. (started last march).. i bought another set lastweek.. & still looking forward for a pimple-free result on my skin...
    i like your review anyway... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope effective sayo yung acne kit nila. Finding products na hiyang sa skin natin is so frustrating sometimes. Goodluck on your quest to having a pimple-free skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing sila mag quote sa services nila. Proud to be a pinoy invention pero cant afford ng pinoy. I thought their main goal is to help the filipino people unfortunately ikaw ang ma aamaze sa presyo ng cashew extract na ito. Tiisin mo na lang ang makating wart kesa di ka kumain ng isang buwan kasi ubos pag sa kanila ka nagpagawa. Sana namn when you buy the product the application should be free na sa clinic nila pero hindi doble ang price pag sa kanila ka
    nagpagawa. The kit cost 3500 at pg sa knila ka ppgawa 7500. Pag ikaw ang gumawa at kit lngbinili mo u will sign a waiver na di sila liable whatever happens to your warts e di ba matatakot ka. Tsk tsk kaya minsan ok na sana ang pinoy wg lng sana maging greedy. Nasaan na ang puso ng pinoy pag ganito? Nasa bulsa? Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totoo po yan.. AMAZING nga sila mag quote sa services nila.. me nakasabayan po ako sa clinic nila na gustong bumili ng kit nila kc yung gagamit eh nsa abroad daw, ayun narinig ko ang kit nga costs 3500 plus need to sign a waiver na kung sakali anumang mangyari dun sa aapplyan ng kit nila ay wala silang sagutin.. sabi tuloy nung babae na nagtanong, cge balik nalang ako..cguro natakot din cya ...

    had my warts removed 2 months ago in one of their branches & paid 7500-sila n din ang gumawa. since parang paclosing at nagmamadali n sila nun at ako din nagmamadali i just gave them my tiwala and had them removed my warts.. after the procedure they gave me this guava soap, anti-bacterial lotion, a small bottle of drying lotion & a glycerine soap.. i just wonder kung tama b yung binigay s akin.. but in fairness nman sa kanila nawala n yun mga warts but had noticed that me naiwan pang ilan maliliit and i wasnt able to return for another check up.. for now yung maliliit n peklat nlng ang naiwan n mga puti na parang an-an.. hoping n mawala n din eventually..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree to the 2 anonymous commenters. Mahal talaga mag-quote ang RCC Amazing Touch for warts removal. I had my facial warts removed in their SM Southmall branch. Siguro kasi wala silang competition. I see a few clinics offering the same "natural" way of removing warts, but the solution used by RCC is a patented one (invented by the owner himself) kaya siguro they can command the price. But I wish they'll lower their rate kasi effective talaga yung mole/warts removal solution nila. Maybe I'll share my wart removal experience on another post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm using that guava soap now idk about
    the effect coz i only got it last monday and it comes with a toner pero hndi yung amazing touch toner,gnun din yung name nung toner same dun sa soap. So di pala 2 effctive sa darkspots w/c is my problem but anyway thanks for the review, now i know what to expect! Anyway do you have any post on pore minimizing products? isa ko pa ksing problem yan eh hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i had been treated for genital warts sa Amazing touch. Ang quote nila 15thousand before nila i-checkup ung genital warts ko nung "na-checkup" na nila umabot ng 30thousand.

    I agreed kasi i was desperate and pwede daw installment after the treatment i went to the atm withdrew 15k and paid them sabi nila okay lang daw yun next week ko na lang daw bayaran yung 15k sa check-up ko. I'm not sure kung babalik pa ako kasi wala na akong pera e. Pati one month daw 4 weeks may check-up yung 30k ko. I am just hoping na inubos na nila yung warts ko kasi parang di ko na mababayaran yung 15k e.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yung 7500 po ba na yun eh lahat na ng warts tatanggalin nila o my specific area lang?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Anonymous 1, I haven't been to any RCC Amazing Touch clinics since last year. I wasn't aware they have another toner aside from the product that I reviewed here. I also have large facial pores. Unfortunately, I haven't found an effective pore-minimizer.

    @Anonymous 2, 30k? Whoah! That's so expensive. Have you tried consulting an OB about your genital warts? I think OBs are more qualified to cure genital warts. I knew someone who had them and her OB even performed a procedure to make sure that all warts, including those inside her are cleared. Otherwise, the warts will just go back.

    @Anonymous 3, as per my experience, the price they quote is for a specific area only.

    Thanks all for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how much po ung guava soap ngaun ? tnx po!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure how much is the soap nowadays. It's been a while since i bought one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For genital warts, its cheaper to have it done by an OB/Gyne. Warts in some parts of the body, also cheaper if done by a licensed doctor. of course its expensive if youy go to big time hospitals like St Luke or Medical City, But mind you there are more better doctors outside St Lukes, medical City etc

    ReplyDelete
  15. 200 pesos na ung guava soap nila. I purchases one yesterday and i will start using tonight. I'll give you a feedback asap if its effective or not.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Goyting, ang mahal na pala. I want to go back to Amazing Touch sana to have my facial warts removed (they resurfaced when I got pregnant). But I don't have the budget yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i just had my genital warts removed in Makati Med Center by my OB Gyne...magaling at mura lang.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just had removed my genital warts in Makati Med Center by my OB Gyne...magaling sya at mura lang

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ang mahal naman pala sobra sa RCC Amazing. Na-amaze ako, presyo pa lang. I remember nun sa Facial World, package na ang P5000 para sa warts removal all over the body. Tapos 3 genital warts, P3000 yata sa isang diagnostic clinic (Fort ba yun?) along Jupiter St. near Paseo. Pero those were years ago. But I guess they wouldn't charge P15-30 thousand. Yikes! Gusto ko pa naman magpatanggal uli.Ewan ko ba bakit ang warts bumabalik, not necessarily dun sa tinanggalan but sa other parts naman ng body or genitals. Kainis.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 2years ago,nag pa mole removal ako ,, at happy nman,, ako sa naging result,,,

    ReplyDelete
  21. Last Dec 25 2013 nag avail ako ng bleaching soap nla,,,to day is my 1st day,,, ng pag gamit niyo,,, nasanay ako sa dati ko brand,, na ibinababad ko,, ung face ko ,,,, wala nman bad effect,,, tanong ko,, if itong bleaching soap na ina Vail ko,,, ay ok lang den mag stay ng matagal, sa face /dark spots area?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Im using it now yang Guava Soap nayan, pang tatlong araw ko palang po pero napapansin ko nagkakaroon ako ng pimples at dumadami pa, wala pa ito dati nong hnd ako gumagamit hayssss, normal lng ba ito sa unang pag gamit? ganun din po ba yong sa inyo? haysss or dapat ko na tong ihinto? :( ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Im using it now, yang Guava Soap na yan, pang 3 days ko na po, kaso napapansin ko na mas lalong nagkakaroon pa ako ng maraming pimples wala pa ito dati nong hnd pa ako gunagamit, �� normal lng po ba ito sa unang gamit? nagsisilabasan lahat? o dapat itigil ko na ang pag gamit? please reply ���������� ...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Im using it now yang Guava Soap nayan, pang tatlong araw ko palang po pero napapansin ko nagkakaroon ako ng pimples at dumadami pa, wala pa ito dati nong hnd ako gumagamit hayssss, normal lng ba ito sa unang pag gamit? ganun din po ba yong sa inyo? haysss or dapat ko na tong ihinto? :( ...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Im using it now yang Guava Soap nayan, pang tatlong araw ko palang po pero napapansin ko nagkakaroon ako ng pimples at dumadami pa, wala pa ito dati nong hnd ako gumagamit hayssss, normal lng ba ito sa unang pag gamit? ganun din po ba yong sa inyo? haysss or dapat ko na tong ihinto? :( ...

    ReplyDelete