Monday, April 14, 2014

Product: Giga Shampoo Bar

I used Giga Shampoo Bar for only a few days, when I would normally use a product for at least two weeks before I give my review of it, so expect that this is going to be short.

I was (and still am) on a hunt for harmless - and by harmless I mean non-paraben, non-SLS/SLES, non-phthalate and non-toxic, or best, if organic -  hair care products that will tame my dry and frizzy hair, when I saw a Giga booth selling natural health and beauty wares.

This Shampoo Bar caught my fancy. The ingredients seemed harmless enough, so I bought one bar to try. It costs less than Php100 (forgot the exact amount).




The first time I used it, I noticed instantly that it has a drying effect on my hair. And my hair is already dry to begin with so something that makes it drier and frizzier is definitely a big no-no. I gave it another try and thought that maybe my hair needed to adjust to the new product. I had hoped that the different oils it contain will somehow do wonders but after a few days of using it with still the same effect, I decided to stop.

My husband used it as a bath soap instead and liked it. He said that ironically, it didn't dry his skin. But we didn't purchase another after he finished that one bar. I guess he didn't like it that much to remember to buy again.

NOTE: Apparently, TEDTA and BHT are questionable and potentially harmful chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment