Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sheng Receives Bad News in a Green Envelope

I got a mail today. In a green envelope. I even exclaimed how lovely is the color of the envelope, as I was carelessly ripping it open. Only to find out that it contains a very frustrating news.

It was a notice of overdue balance from BDO.

What the...?! How did I incur an overdue balance? As far as I know, I've settled all my bills for the month of June in time and even made an advance payment for the July 7th due date.

So I promptly called BDO's Collection Department to clarify this mess-up. But to my further dismay, the collection officer told me that no payment was reflected for the June 7th due date. And there was a payment made last June 25 (which was supposedly for the July 7th due date), but they considered it as payment for June 7th and charged me additional fee for the delay.

What the...?! I am sure that I settled the June 7th balance. My BF also remembers it because he was with me that day. The officer told me if I have the receipt for the payment, she can revert the billing and I can just disregard the notice. Okay, sounds fair and simple. I only need to find the receipt.



But luck is not with me today. I almost turned my room upside down but to no avail. Then I remembered that just last week, I cleaned up my room and got rid of all the papers I deemed unnecessary inside my bags and wallet. All types of receipt included. And there's no point in rummaging through the trash bins and garbage bags. They've all been emptied and replaced during the weekend.

So all hope is lost in finding that receipt.

And as if things are not bad enough, I was also reminded that I have to settle the balance due today, July 7th. Otherwise, I will be credited with another delay charge. So I had no choice but to go out and settle the balance that I've already settled before, plus the overdue fee.

I know. Lesson learned: It's worth keeping some receipts for a longer period. You'll never know when they will be useful.

As for the missing payment, two people told me to go back to where I made the payment (SM Bills Payment in Festival Supermall) and see if they have an archive for paid bills. Maybe I can have a copy of the receipt as proof and reimburse my money from BDO. Hmm, I don't know. I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle. But then again, why not? Money is a great motivator.

Arrgghh! I'm just so pissed. And it came at a bad timing because I'm trying to cut my expenses to save for our wedding. Today is not my lucky day. I hope tomorrow is better though.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything will turn out okay sis. Smile, life is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete