Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sheng Speaks About MJ

He died. Millions mourned. Each has their own tribute. Each has their own story to tell, as if offering a glimpse of who Michael Jackson really is. Because for many of his fans, he's just the King of Pop, with his trademark suit, his trademark dance, and of course, his trademark voice. Then to some, he was also Wacko Jacko, whose eccentricities were caught on camera and being laughed at all over the world.

I am a fan because I love his music. His dance songs make everyone dance. His ballads make everyone cry. He's like no other.


But countless times, especially after numerous child molestation controversies plagued his popularity, I wonder if the Michael Jackson being portrayed as someone who cares deeply for the children, the environment and the world is the same Michael Jackson who moonwalks and cries Aw! Isn't it just a ploy to make the global pop icon closer to being human like us?



Until I read this: My close encounter with Michael Jackson (even the title sounds a bit alien-ish).

Now, I no longer have doubts. And I've become not just a fan of the artist, but also of the man.

Long live MJ! And teach the angels how to do the moonwalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment