Friday, January 27, 2012

Product: Deo Fresh Deodorant Stick

When I was pregnant, I decided to use mostly natural products and avoided those that contain active ingredients, which are said to be harmful to an unborn child. So when I needed to replace my whitening deodorant, I bought this deodarant that comes in the form of a smooth alum crystal stick, which I thought was Deonat, a deo product made from ammonium alum and claims to contain no chemicals and skin irritants.

It was only after a few months of using it when I found out that the brand name is Deo Fresh [Deodorant Stick], and not Deonat. Both deodorants have almost identical packaging, except that  Deo Fresh has the word "TAWAS" on the base. I guess, I didn't bother to read the label when I purchased it because I thought that Deonat is the only one of its kind in the market. Of course, I realize now that such product is a rarity.




Deonat or not, I continued using it anyway. I'm not the type who would throw away a product just because it turned out to be a different brand. Besides, it's also made from ammonium alum, and aloe leaf juice, or so the label claimed. But is it good or at least worth the P170+ tag price (which is more expensive than most local brands)?






Okay, consider this first: I was pregnant and my hormones were acting up, which probably caused my sweat glands to go berserk and the weather at that time was more often than not, dry and humid. Bottomline, I was sweating heavily when I started using Deo Fresh Deodorant.

Unfortunately, it didn't do a good job of keeping me dry. A few minutes after I got out of the shower, I would already feel the uncomfortable wetness in my underarms. To be fair, the product only claims to keep unpleasant body odor in check and not keep you from perspiring, which pretty much states the difference between a deodorant and an anti-perspirant, and therefore, shouldn't be faulted for not performing as the latter.


As far as being a deodorant goes, I think it's okay. I mean, I don't exactly have offensive body odor and I take a bath everyday, so I can't really say how effective it is in keeping me odor-free. There are however, a few good things I noticed since I started using Deo Fresh alum crystal stick; my underarm felt softer and smoother, probably due to the moisturizing effect of the deo, and the hair became finer and took longer to grow.

Now that I'm no longer pregnant, I'm still using Deo Fresh. Very economical, I must say because 9 months later, there's about 95% of the crystal left. So I'm guessing one stick would last me for years. If only it could keep me dry. Next time, I'll buy the real Deonat Deodorant and will try to make a comparative review. For now, I'm sticking to this alum crystal stick.

1 comment:

  1. I decided to use mostly natural products and avoided those that contain active ingredients, which are said to be harmful to an unborn child. Marijuana Rehab

    ReplyDelete