Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Product: Deonat Deodorant Stick

Finally, the correct Deonat Deodorant Stick. After more than a year, I've finally used up the Deo Fresh Deodorant that I reviewed here. If you read my previous post, you'll learn that I was intending to buy Deonat but mistakenly picked Deo Fresh because they look almost the same.

But when it was time to buy a new deodorant, I made sure I picked the right natural deodorant stick: Deonat.



Like the first one, Deonat is a made of natural alum crystal or tawas. It was shaped and smoothened so it will easily glide on the underarms. I choose the variant infused with Aloe because it is said to soothe and moisturize the skin. And for comparative purpose as well, because the Deo Fresh that I bought before has Aloe also.





At first glance, they look pretty much the same. The Deonat alum crystal is light green while Deo Fresh is just white, which makes me wonder if the green color is because of the Aloe extract or just product coloring (but Deonat claims it has NO added coloring). Despite the color, it leaves no residue, white or otherwise, on my clothes.

Deonat also has an expiration date, a novelty that I appreciate because at least I'll know that the product I'm applying on my body is still safe to use.



You use it the same way, by wetting the top with water and applying it on clean underarms, preferably after a bath.

They are both NOT anti-perspirant so I didn't expect for Deonat to keep me dry. And it doesn't. As a deodorant, I think it's doing a good job. I don't have body odor and my underarms smell okay most of the time even when they're sweaty, except when I have a thick undergrowth because I am growing my underarm hair in preparation for waxing. Underarm hair is a major culprit in offensive body odor. But it's not really a strong repulsive smell like a bad B.O. but rather the scent of sweat and hair mixed together. And applying Deonat after taking a bath takes care of that problem.

I thought Deonat glides more smoothly on the skin and smells better, too. It also made my underarm skin feels softer and silkier. But I can't tell if it whitens the skin because I'm alternating it with Human Heart Nature Sunflower Oil, which I've proven to have whitening properties as well.

Overall, I think I like Deonat Deodorant Stick better than Deo Fresh. Price is almost the same, so I'll go for the better product.

16 comments:

  1. I wish this product existed when I reached puberty. The aluminum-ridden commercial antiperspirant-deodorants (Dove in my case) caused darkening of my UA's. I'm not able to wear sleeveless for 10 years now and it's a constant struggle with my self-confidence.

    DeoNat is a deodorant, NOT an antiperspirant.
    A deodorant neutralizes odor, but doesn't prevent sweating.
    An antiperspirant prevents sweating, in effect, prevents odor.

    Looking from the definition, an antiperspirant may look enticing at first, but NO. The UA's are meant to sweat by nature, but they are not meant to smell. Apart from urinating, perspiration is the body's PERFECTLY NATURAL way of eliminating toxins from the blood. The more you try to block sweat on your UA's, the more stinky it gets because of the toxins your antiperspirant locks in. While there have been debates over the toxicity of the aluminum chlorohydrate present in antiperspirants, I can attest it does darken skin. Do not go the unfortunate path I took. I was young and naive. I wish I knew before what I know now.

    Let your UA's sweat as it is meant to be, it's healthy. You only have to neutralize the odor. Go with natural deos like DeoNat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @quicksilver - So true. I started applying deodorant when I was in second grade. I remember I was using Hi&Dri, an American brand. When I was in first year high school I was using Secret stick deodorant because they had a very convincing tv commercial. It darkened my underarms and it left a residue on the blouses of my underarms. I've used Nivea deodorant but it was quite expensive and the bottle usually gets broken. I've used Block&White but it doesn't lighten my underarms. I was glad when they started selling Hi&Dri again but it seems they've discontinued selling it here in Manila. I used to buy it in Landmark Makati. Last night I bought DeoNat aloe vera deodorant instead. I instantly bought it after reading the ingredients - no paraben! Didn't like the medicinal(?) scent straight from the bottom, but after application on the underarm, it smelled clean and fresh.

      Cheers,
      Nadine

      Delete
    2. **it left a residue on the sleeves of my blouses. Oops grammar/typo error.

      Cheers,
      Nadine

      Delete
  2. Lafe's Natural Crystal Mini Deodorant Stick Directions Simply wet stone after bathing.
    Herbscity.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been using Deonat TAWAS stick for days now since I've been looking for so long til' it finally opens the SM City Cauayan in our place and I found this product. I have body odor since I stopped using antiperspirant/deodorant and it really affects my social life. I am currently working at the bureau now and I can't to go in the comfort room to check if my UA stinks, and if does I re-apply powdered TAWAS that was I am using before. I am hoping that this product would give me a greater confidence to deal with people without any thoughts that I stinks badly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using the roll-on Deo Nat and I am so far very pleased. I've noticed that there are no residue left, it doesn't feel sticky when I take baths, doesn't leave stains on my clothes and my armpits feel a lot smoother than when I used Dove. And the chicken skin have also somewhat disappeared making my armpits look lighter. :) Very good product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to mercury this morning to purchase deonat spray. But they only had roll-on. So i purchased that instead. What annoyed me is the fact that what I purchased was actually DEO FRESH and not deonat. Ugh. Deo fresh has a sour smell. I havent used deonat but i hope it isn't sour like deo fresh. I'm going to watsons tomorrow to purchase the correct deo. They look the same ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same incident here. I've seen these Deo Nat (roll-on and spray) in the market but decided to try when I learned the positive result from my Mom and my Sister. I just bought the deo fresh roll-on last weekend and started reading some reviews. I supposed to buy DEONAT but mistakenly picked DEOFRESH also. Hahaha! They have the same distributors though (Rein and Fresh) so I guess it has really the same result.

      Delete
  6. Mga 3 weeks ko pa lang nagagamit ang deonat but i noticed my underarm gettig lighter... at slow ung growth ng armpit hair ko... (and i'm shaving, usually mabilis mag grow...) no body odor too or staining... downside is deodorant xa so i still sweat like i normally do... overall... i'm still happy with it... :) 01.28.2016

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much deonat pls.
    and where i can find ??
    please ans. thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought the DEONAT earlier. Then I'm still reading reviews and found out that this one can darken underarms plus it won't let the BO remove. Well, accdg to some reviews. Huhu. I'm a bit nervous of trying this. Wish me luck, guys!!! Divina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been using deonat deodorant for 3 years. When it comes to lighten property, it really do.. my underarm is two shades lighter than before, but then i've tried the HHN deodorant, and my UA becomes dark again and it has a fowl smell. So i decided to go back to deonat again..

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've been trying the deonat spray for a while now and yes my armpits do get sweaty but it doesn't stink because of this so i just learned to live with the sweaty pits. my UA did kind of lighten a bit after using it.i've been using nivea before because thats what my mom buys but i stopped when she also noticed my pits getting darker. it's a good product over all. one day i forgot to put some one a had a bit of bo, what i did was wiped my pits and sprayed some on and that took care of it. TMI i know, but i hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is the deo that my office mate recommended a while ago. We were talking about BO among children in puberty stage and she suggested this kind of Deodorant. Is this available in Mercury or Watson?

    ReplyDelete
  12. san po ba pwedeng bumili ng product na deofresh? need lang po for the research

    ReplyDelete
  13. i just experienced that my deonat roll can use up to years!
    wahaha!
    anyone knows how to use it properly?
    its look like its not decreasing, the stick looks like the. Im using mine not more than 2 months.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete