Tuesday, October 30, 2012

DQ = Diarrhea Queen?

Hubby used to to buy DQ (Dairy Queen) often. Every trip to the mall meant a tall serving of DQ Blizzard in Double Dutch for him. Sometimes, we would share. Sometimes, I would get my own small cup in anything Strawberry.



But this was before I realized that after I ate DQ, I would get LBM. Often, too soon that after an hour or two of consuming a small cup, I'd be raring to go home because my stomach would start acting up and I don't know how long it can hold off. It happened quite a few times for it to be a coincidence. And with different branches, too.

So I made a quick search on Google and it turns out that other people have experienced the same. Try entering "diarrhea after dairy queen" and you'll see what I'm talking about. Looks  like DQ has some ingredients that irritate the stomach or are not suited for those with lactose intolerance. I'm not lactose intolerant, by the way, but I do have a sensitive stomach.

Hubby still buys it but I've stayed away from it since. Sure, I'd eat one again if we're at home or on our way home.  But nothing my husband can do can make me eat it again when we're out and away from the comfort and privacy of our CR.

How about you, do you have the same experience with any of the Dairy Queen products?

1 comment:

  1. I took several lactase tablets, but got the explosive diarrhea anyway.

    ReplyDelete