Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Quick Reviews: G.I.: Joe Retaliation

I think most of my Quick Reviews will comprise movies. I just don't have the time to digest movies as much as I would like to. And the efficacy of doing movie reviews is in the timing - while the movie is at least being shown in cinemas - so it makes no sense to delay this post.



Some of you have probably seen G.I. Joe Retaliation already but for those who haven't yet, here's my take:

The Good
  • Action scenes, lots of them. I like the ninja fight at the side of the snow mountain.

The Bad
  • The story (It's flat, predictable, the usual stuff that's already been used in a lot movies.)
  • The script and lines (Not witty, jokes not funny, the dialogues for the most of the parts were flat out boring, except maybe the one about "Korea" - just because it's very timely)
  • The acting and casting (I just still can't see Dwayne Johnson as an actor. For me, he's still The Rock and his movie acting is as good as his wresting acting. The girl who portrayed Lady Jane was kickass, but not 'kickass' kickass enough. And Bruce Willis, didn't add anything to the cast or the movie. The villians were boring and did not appear as terrifying as they should be for a group who plans to blow up the whole world.)
  • No character development (the clash between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, that's a worn-out plot already)
Worth seeing? If you like mindless action-packed movies (where you don't have to have puzzle-solving skills to figure out the plot) and don't care so much about storylines, characters, scripts and stuff like that, then G.I. Retaliation is your movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment