Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Quick Reviews: Pig Out Halo-Halo Heaven

If only I can blog as often as I want so that I churn out more prompt reviews. But that is not the case for me. Because of work and other things that take up most of my time, and that I like to put out lengthy and extensive reviews, my posts are often delayed by months, lucky if it's just one month. So I came up with Quick Reviews - short, bulleted details of products, foods, places or anything that I'd like to talk about that I feel need to posted right away, or don't have plenty enough details to deserve a full review.

Like this Pig Out Halo-Halo Heaven for example:




  • Price is P365
  • Good for 5-6 persons or more (there were 8 of us who shared this).
  • Watch out for the popping sago (tapioca). The wait staff said it's imported from Thailand.
  • Nothing special about the toppings (sweetened banana, beans, langka, kaong, macapuno, garbanzos, gulaman, cereals) but the milk/cream had something else. I can't quite say what it is, probably the ice cream, but it gave a nice 'distinct' sweet taste to the dessert.
  • Just the right sweetness that doesn't linger on and hurt the throat.
  • I was missing the taste of ube (purple yam) and leche flan.
  • There were a few large pieces of ice, would've been better if it was crushed finely.
But this Pig Out Halo-Halo Heaven was super fun to eat with friends and family. A perfect treat for summer. Sulit na din for P365.

No comments:

Post a Comment