Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Product: Philips Satinelle Epilator

I've been wanting to buy an epilator because DIY waxing is sometimes clunky and you need to wait for the underarm hairs to grow long enough so they will stick to the wax and can be uprooted. Salon waxing is more convenient but I find it to be an unnecessary expense, because it's something that I can do on my own. Going the laser hair removal route is the best option for underarm hair but I still don't have the budget for it (or I just refuse to make a budget for it).

Enter Philips Satinelle Epilator, which I bought at SM Appliance Center for P2,495.00.


This epilator is actually for the legs, but the one intended for whole body use (Philips Satinelle Soft) was P2,000 more expensive because it comes with a few attachments. I thought I don't need those extras and it looked like the Satinelle can do the job without them. So I went with the basic model.

 
Model Number and Electrical Specs
 
Speed Settings and other features
 
 
Because I chose not to get the more expensive model, the box only contains the actual epilator + power cord and a multi-language manual. So don't expect much.

Operating it is pretty easy to figure out. Just slide the head into the body and make sure it fits snugly. Plug it in and push the speed slider up. 0 = off, 1= low setting for gentle epilation and 2 = max setting for faster epilation.

I intended to use this on my underarm so that's where I tested it first. Before using it, make sure the underarms are clean and dry. Then just gently swipe it on the skin with an up and down, and sideways motion.

For me, the actual epilation didn't hurt at all but I made a mistake of letting it stay on just one area of my underarm for too long because there are some short stubborn hairs that I wanted to pull out. The result, I scrape my skin in that area.

So be careful because the Satinelle epilator doesn't have a cover and the rotating metal tweezers will come in direct contact with your skin. Remember to keep the swiping motion. If you start to feel some sting, stop and check if you have bruised your skin. If you have, stop using it.

Except for that one-time scraping incident, I think Philips Satinelle epilator does a great job of pulling out my underarm hairs, even the shorter ones. Although I think it will be easier if you can ask someone to help you keep your skin taut as I notice those hairs in the creases are the most difficult to get.

It also doesn't cause chicken skin but sometimes, I do get in-grown hairs (just 1 or 2). But this is still so much better and more convenient than DIY waxing. It's so easy to use and will come out cheaper in the long run because you won't need to keep buying wax strips (or whatever you're using). I love the fact that I don't have to wait for my hairs to grow long and avoid wearing sleeveless shirts until I wax my underarm.

Now, whenever I notice some visible hair growths, I just plug it in, swipe it on and I'm done. Philips Satinelle epilator definitely made my life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment