Monday, January 24, 2011

Product: RCC Amazing Touch Antibacterial Facial Lotion

I briefly touched on RCC Amazing Touch Antibacterial Facial Lotion on my post about EC27 Guava Soap and RCC Amazing Touch Products. But I feel it deserves a separate review.

As I said in the other post, I stopped using this facial lotion (it's a cleanser actually) and EC27 guava soap for close to 8 months now because I felt they weren't working for me anymore. Since then, I've been trying different facial products, soaps especially including Cyleina Organic Soaps, GT Carrot Soap, Shulammite Carrot Soap, and Mediherbs Anti-Acne Soap but to no avail. For a while, I thought Shulammite was doing a good job of drying out my pimples, but it failed miserably by the time I had my period.

I also used DXN's Ganozhi Toothpaste (yep, you read it right: toothpaste) but that too deserves it's own post. Bottomline is, I wasn't satisfied with the results. So I decided to use RCC Amazing Touch Antibacterial Facial Lotion again, hoping that the immunity period has expired already.

Good thing (or was it the opposite?) that when I went to their nearest branch in Festival Mall, Alabang, they have an on-going buy-2-take-1 promo, so I went home with 3 of this:



It's a specially-formulated product exclusive in RCC Amazing Touch clinics. It has Clindamycin, an antibacterial ingredient commonly used in topical acne treatments. It also contains Thymus Peptides, said to help boost the skin's immune system and fight acne-causing bacteria.





I forgot to ask how much each bottle costs today (it was P185 a few years back). But I paid P490 for the 2 bottles, so it will be P245 each. Hmm, that's a bit expensive by my standards.

I apply it on my face using a cotton ball after every wash. Sometimes, when I've been in front of the computer the whole day and I feel my eyes and hands are too tired, I skip washing my face and just cleanse it with this product instead. I also use it as a spot acne treatment for big zits. I'll wet a small cotton ball and press it on the zit and leave it there for a few minutes. This will sting depending on the size and condition of your pimples. I also experience some reddening but it usually goes away after a while.

The Verdict

Like all products that I review on this blog, I used this for at least two weeks before I decided to post a verdict. So how was it? Is it a case of "love is lovelier the second time around" for this anti bacterial cleanser?

I still don't feel that it is as effective as before. My pimples did dry out but it took relatively longer for most of them, especially for the bigger ones. I remember when I was using this before, 1-2 days are enough for zits to go zero once I applied this on my face. But now, it was close to a week before my pimples started showing signs of drying out.

Another thing I noticed was the tightening effect that it had on my skin. It was supposed to be good, right? If only my skin didn't look too dry a few minutes later. It's exhibiting characteristics of a toner now, or worse, an astringent perhaps. I had to combat the dry-yet-shiny-looking skin with the Royal Jelly Moisturizer from Ilog Maria. Good thing, these two products go well with each other. Or else, I would be breaking out really bad by now.

Despite this, I'm still using it, yes--but only once a day, usually during bed time. It may be not as potent as it used to be (not sure which to blame: a change in formulation, my skin immunity, or just plain ineffectiveness), I decided to continue using it because I have 3 bottles that I don't want to throw away. It's still drying out my pimples anyway, although not as quick as it used to do before.

I don't really count this P490 purchase as waste of money. I'm hopeful that with this RCC Amazing Touch Antibacterial Facial Lotion, together with the other products that I'm using on my face (namely Shulammite Carrot Soap, Ilog Maria Honey and Milk Soap and Royal Jelly Moisturizer/Cleanser) and the Zinc supplement that I just started taking, I'll be on my way to a nice, pimple-free face again.

7 comments:

  1. RCC Amazing Touch Anti bac f. lotion is really amazing!!! hiyangan lang po tlga yan.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where in Festival po yung branch? what floor po?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mitch, ground floor. If I remember it correctly, dun sa wing na papuntang Save More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. effective ba talaga yung product

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pag mga beauty products kasi, usually hiyangan talaga. But when I used it waaayy before, it was effective for me. I haven't used it for almost a year now so di ko masabi if effective pa din siya ngayon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. try venus and mars botanicals... try african black soap and emu oil.. u will love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matagal na akong curious sa Venus and Mars (organic/natural products din kasi :) May physical store ba sila? Or any stores that carry their products?

    ReplyDelete