Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Event: 3rd Pyromusical Competition at SM Mall of Asia - UK vs Spain

Finally, after wanting to watch a fireworks competition for years, we were able to catch one of the installments of the 3rd Philippine International Pyromusical Competition held every weekend (starting from February 11 to March 17, 2012) at SM Mall of Asia. United Kingdom and Spain were the two countries slated to showcase their pyromusical entries (a combination of fireworks and music) that night.

Thanks to an Ensogo deal, I got the whole family 10 silver tickets at 50% off. The location wasn't the best, but it was good enough to witness and enjoy as the night sky dazzled in colorful and mesmerizing display of fireworks. It was magical.



The show was advertised to start at 7 p.m. but due to some technical problems, it was already past 8 p.m. when it actually started. UK was the first to perform, which lasted for almost 20 minutes. Spain performed next after about 45 minutes.

Silver and Gold areas are standing room only so I suggest to bring something to sit on, if you can, during the interval. Of course, that won't be the case if you're in the VIP/Patron area or if you opted to reserve seats at the one of the veranda restaurants.




Like what I said, our location wasn't the best especially if you want to take decent pictures. So I decided to pack my camera and just enjoy the show. But I still have a few to show. What I did is took a video of the show using my cellphone. Then I ran the video in Adobe Premiere and managed to get some decent pwede-ng-pagtyagaan-kaysa-wala shots.

These are all from Spain. The idea of videotaping the fireworks came to me only after UK's performance. Pardon the blurriness and low-res quality.









I was glad that we chose to watch UK and Spain because both countries' shows were simply magnificent. UK, a former pyromusical champion, proved why their show is one of the most anticipated every competition. Grandeur is the best word to describe it -- the way and the amount of fireworks being thrown at every beat of the music. But I like Spain better, a little subdued but they showcased more new and unique pyrotechnics -- something that I've never seen before. I just kept gushing, "Wow! That's beautiful."

And because we enjoyed it so much, we're planning to watch the 3rd Pyromusical Competition again, on the China-The Netherlands weekend. China was the champion last year, so I'm sure we're in for another spectacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment