Saturday, February 25, 2012

Food: The Palms Deli Blueberry Cheesecake

It was Valentines Day. We were strolling at Festival Mall in Alabang when I saw a stall selling the felicitous food for the season: cakes and chocolates. The name of the stall was The Palms Deli. I scanned past the chocolates and other baked goodies, and zeroed in on their blueberry cheesecake, the lone cheesecake inside the glass stand. A slice costs P100 and the whole cake, I think, is P720. I bought a slice only and put it inside the paper bag that my husband was carrying for me, along with the bouquet of flowers and box of chocolates that he gave me that day.

When we got home, I immediately took out the plastic box that encased my favorite dessert. The slice looked small, the whole cake itself is only about 8" in diameter and not more than 2" in height. I placed it on a small saucer plate, the one we use to serve liquid condiments (soy sauce, patis, etc). It's that small.


But the size was indirectly proportional to how good it tasted.



It was heavenly. The texture was rich, smooth and silky, it spreads easily on my tongue as soon as I closed my mouth. It's not too sweet and I could readily pick out the taste of the cheese (no doubt a high-grade cream cheese), which perfectly blended with the blueberry topping. Each bite -- and I took really small bites to savor the dessert longer -- was a pure delight. I regretted that I didn't buy a whole cake.



As soon as I finished the slice, I looked up The Palms Deli on the internet, eager to find their main store so I can purchase again. It turned out that The Palms Deli is a delicatessen store inside the The Palms Country Club, a high-end membership-only country club in Alabang.

Soooo, that explains the superior quality of the taste. But that also means I won't be able to buy soon. Unless a member invites me in, or buys for me, which is not likely because I don't know anyone who is a member of the club. Or they put up another stall in Festival Mall or in any mall nearby, which I think only happens during special occasions.

It made me regret again, and even more, that I didn't get the whole cake. The next time I chance upon The Palms Deli cheesecake, I promise I will. It's really divine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Try cheesecakes from chocolat and starbucks!

    ReplyDelete