Saturday, March 31, 2012

Product: Human Heart Nature Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner

Normally, I wait until I used up a product before I make a review. But this time, I'm not sure if I'll ever use this product again so I'm writing the review now. I'm talking about Human Heart Nature Strengthening Conditioner (I haven't used the shampoo so I can't comment on it.)

First, a brief background. I was a satisfied user of Human Heart Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. But when I started having excessive hair fall, I thought these products have something to do with it. Maybe their formulation has changed, or I developed an immunity or a late reaction. I'm not using anything else on my hair, so I really can't put the blame on something else.

Then I found out that I have thyroiditis, and one of the symptoms is falling hair. Human Heart Nature Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner were cleared of the crime I accused them with. But despite that, I decided to switch to another variant, Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner, as I thought these are more apt for my problem at hand.



The Strengthening conditioner has the same thick, creamy consistency and white color as that of the Moisturizing variant. They smell different though, and I like the scent of the Moisturizing better. The price is also P144 for the conditioner and P139.75 for the shampoo.

I bought both the shampoo and conditioner but have only tried the latter because I still have half-bottle of the moisturizing shampoo left. So I paired the Strengthening conditioner with the Moisturizing shampoo. And the result was catastrophic.

On the first day that I used it, I noticed that it felt sticky and heavy on my hair. After my hair has dried, it went stiff and the strands seemed to clump together, I thought I wasn't able to rinse it thoroughly. The next few days saw the same result so I thought of using the conditioner alone thinking that combining the two variants might not be a good idea. But I still got stiff, sticky, heavy hair. Like something was coating each strand and it's weighing my hair down.

The hair fall wasn't lessened a bit. It even seemed to make it worse. After almost two weeks of waiting for things to turnaround, the fear of going bald and the frustration of dealing with bad hair everyday finally dragged me to buy another set of shampoo and conditioner.

And yes, after the initial use of the new shampoo and conditioner, my hair went back to normal - still a little frizzy but a lot softer, lighter and more manageable than when I was using Human Heart Nature Strengthening Conditioner. So it was clear that the conditioner was the one wreaking havoc on my hair.

I haven't touched the Strengthening shampoo yet and have stopped using the conditioner since. I also have some Moisturizing shampoo left. And I'm not sure if I will use them again. Maybe when my hair stops shedding or when I have grown back the hair that I lost. I just hope that they're not yet expired by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment