Friday, December 7, 2012

Product: Jason Shampoo and Conditioner (Long & Strong Jojoba)

Because of great results I had with Jason Thin to Thick products, I decided to buy another Jason, this time their regular shampoo and conditioner. And here is my review of Jason Shampoo and Conditioner, [Long & Strong] Jojoba variant.

Jason is known for natural products. In fact, my favorite hair oil is their Pure Jojoba oil. So when choosing a regular shampoo and conditioner after using Jason Thin to Thick (I would like to continue using this product if only it wasn't expensive, read my review here.), I still stuck to the brand.



Jason shampoo and conditioner line has a lot of variants and I remember having a hard time deciding which to get. I was choosing among Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Jojoba. In the end, Long and Strong Jojoba won me over because it promises healthy hair growth. (Yes, I was still in that "I want to grow my hair more" phase).

Right off the front label, it says No Parabens, SLS, Phthalates, which is very good for me. I think the 16 oz bottle cost around P300 more or less. It's a big bottle so I find the price reasonable (or cheap) enough.



The scent reminds me of baby powder. It's floral but not too strong like most commercial hair products. It doesn't linger much on the hair, but you still get that clean, fresh smell. The shampoo is a yellow and transparent liquid, while the conditioner is white with a thick consistency.

So, okay - on to the results:

The shampoo feels sticky on the hair especially after I rinse it off. The conditioner is okay, but I feel it barely moisturizes my hair. In fact, using both these products made my hair dry and brittle. I mean, my hair is dry and brittle to begin with, and using them didn't help at all.

At times, my scalp would itch. I think it's because I wasn't able to rinse thoroughly. It can be hard to wash the shampoo off my hair.And I'm having hairfall again, though not as bad as before. But the increased amount of strands that collect on the bathroom drain and on our bedroom floor is definitely an indication. Maybe it's because my scalp is dry and not healthy.

So overall, Jason Long & Strong Jojoba Shampoo and Conditioner are a big flop for me. I won't buy them again, either together or separately. However, I might buy another Jason hair product. After all, this shampoo and conditioner combo didn't promise to have moisturizing properties, so I really can't hold them against something they didn't claim to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment