Monday, March 11, 2013

Product: Human Heart Nature Body Lotion - Moonlight Passion

Once, I ran out of my favorite St. Ives body lotion and my skin was looking dehydrated, dull and scaly already as a result of not using any lotion for weeks. So the next time we went for some light grocery shopping, a body lotion was on top of my list. But the supermarket that we went to sell only limited St. Ives products (or maybe I just couldn't find where they placed the lotions), and looking at the other available body lotions on the shelf and seeing parabens and other scary chemicals in the ingredients made me decide to try Human Heart Nature Body Lotion.



Luckily for me, or so I thought, 200 ml bottles were bundled with free 50 ml bottles. I think the 200 ml bottle retailed for less than P200.00. Seemed like a good deal. And the 100% No Harmful Chemicals added an enticing offer. So I was left with choosing which variant to get. There were two (forgot the other one) but I chose Moonlight Passion because of the bubblegum scent plus it said 100% hydrating lotion, something that my skin needed badly at that time.



The following day, after I showered, I put my newly bought Human Heart Nature to the test. The first thing that I noticed was it wasn't easy to spread on the skin. It looked like my skin wasn't absorbing the lotion at all. The consistency was light and creamy but it would clump together when I start applying it on my skin making it difficult to spread evenly and it leaves a sticky white trace.

But once I've managed to rub the lotion onto the skin, I noticed that it felt powdery after a few minutes. I thought that's good because I don't want to feel sticky and greasy all over. However, washing my hands after a few hours, I could feel that the lotion was still just on the top layer of the skin, coating it and not really absorbed into it.

I used it for a few more days expecting that my skin would improve in texture and appearance. But the longer I used it, the more my skin looked worse. It felt drier and coarsier than before and it even looked wrinkly.

I checked the expiration date on the bottles because I used the smaller one first, thinking it might be an old stock already that's why they bundled with the larger bottle. But both had the same expiration dates. I also tried getting lotion from the 200 ml bottle, thinking it might be a newer, better stock, but I got the same disappointing result.



When my husband commented how bad my skin looked and felt, I realized that it makes no sense to continue using the Human Heart Nature Body Lotion. Not only did it not deliver good results, it made my skin looked worse. I was able to empty the smaller 50 ml bottle, but the 200 ml was still 75% full when I gave it away.

I think Human Heart Nature has discounted this lotion because they were also receiving a lot of negative feedback about this product on their website. I'm just not sure if the newer formulations are better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment