Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Service: Ocean Jet via Luzviminda Travel and Tours

Here's a review of my experience purchasing Ocean Jet e-tickets from Luzviminda Travel and Tours and travelling from Cebu to Bohol via the Ocean Jet ferry.



Before the earthquake that struck Bohol last October, going to Bohol via a ferry from Cebu was easy. You can simply go to the pier/port and buy ferry tickets on the day of your trip. But after this disaster, they said that it's now more difficult to purchase ferry tickets from Cebu to Bohol - you have to buy at least a week or two in advance.

That was a problem, because we are in Laguna and I cannot possibly go to Cebu a week before our trip to Bohol. We will be in Cebu 4 days before, and I thought that was sufficient enough. But that's taking a risk, according to some people, and the last thing I wanted is to botch our Cebu-Bohol vacation.

So I had to find a way to buy ferry tickets online. I registered at 2Go's Supercat website and waited for days to get a reservation. I never did. We then tried calling the branches listed in the website, but they all said that their Supercat connections were offline, which means they can't sell Supercat tickets. When we called their helpdesk, they told us that they're not sure if they have a scheduled Cebu-Tagbilaran trip on our travel dates.

We also tried calling the travel agencies in the Ocean Jet website, but to no avail. We were getting frustrated. But I wasn't giving up yet. I decided to search for other ways to travel to Bohol from Cebu and found out about the Cebu-Tubigon route. But none of the Tubigon-bound ferries sell advance tickets so we have to buy the tickets on the day itself. A bit risky, but at least that's an option.

Then out of the blue, I just thought of searching how to buy an Ocean Jet e-ticket and I saw two websites selling Ocean Jet e-tickets: one is AsiaTravel and the other is Luzviminda Travel and Tours. I sent emails to both, inquiring about Cebu-Tagbilaran e-tickets. But LTT also provided a Skype account in their website, which I promptly added to my contact list, hoping to get in touch with them in the morning (it was already 9 p.m.).

I was surprised when my invite was accepted a few minutes later and the account was online. So we chatted, and their Skype support assisted me while I purchase our e-ticket. He was even kind enough to extend the promo rate to me, which is available only when purchasing 14 days before the trip, even if I only have a week before our travel date.

I chose Tourist class seats for P560/person (promo rate) and 2 p.m. schedule. The best thing is they accept payment through Paypal, so I was able to send my payment right away. I just added 5% to cover the transaction fees. If you don't have a Paypal account, you may also pay via bank deposit.

After I made the purchase, they sent me a confirmation receipt and told me that the e-ticket will be emailed to me not later than December 3. The person I was chatting with was very helpful and accommodating, and I was just too grateful to secure ferry tickets to Bohol.

Before we left for Cebu, I asked them if they can send the e-ticket so I can print it while we're still at home. But they were having problems with their system and said that they'll send it to me as soon as they can. To be honest, although the online transaction went well, I was a bit worried if they will really send the e-ticket. This is my first experience dealing with a travel agency that I only found online and wasn't exactly sure how things go.

But when I checked my email at the airport, Luzviminda Travel and Tours had sent the e-tickets as they promised - not later than December 3. And all my doubts were erased. (They even left a message in my Skype account, apologizing for not being able to send it earlier, as I requested.)

We look for a place to print the e-ticket. Actually, they don't encourage you to print the e-ticket but rather present the online copy using a smartphone or tablet. But my iPhone doesn't have a PDF reader and I feel it's safer and more convenient to present a printed ticket than an online copy. So I printed it anyway.

The Ocean Jet terminal is stationed in Pier 1, Cebu City. When we got there, I just asked the lady guard where to present the e-ticket and pointed me to the check-in counter for Ocean Jet ferries. There was a long queue, but the line moved fast. Checking in was quick, and all they did was verify my e-tickets and issue me 2 boarding passes. I was advised that boarding time is 1:45 p.m. After that, we checked in our baggage and paid the terminal fee of  P25.00 per person.

Inside the waiting area, I wasn't sure where to go. I asked D to take a seat as I went to approach a cluster of passengers who look like they were lining up for something. I asked what was the line for and one woman said it's for Ormoc-bound ferry. So I just joined D and waited for further announcement.

At around 1:45 p.m., they announced that the Bohol-bound ferry has arrived and we were told to proceed to Gate 7. At 2:00 p.m., we started boarding and the ferry left the pier 30 minutes later.


Traveling with Ocean Jet

I chose Tourist Class seats, which are in an air-conditioned passenger section located at the lower deck. The seats weren't the most comfortable, in fact they were hardly comfortable because they were too compact, there was barely an elbowroom and certainly not much legroom, and the back of the seat has a 90-degree inclination. (I am petite but I am still complaining, so imagine what the tall and big passengers are going through). But there is a TV to distract you and being in an air-conditioned room meant you will emerge fresh from the 2-hour trip. I was even able to sleep.

We arrived at the Tagbiliran port at 4:30 p.m. We were very tired, having gone from Camotes Island straight to Bohol (which is more or less 6 hours of traveling plus a few hours of waiting time in between), but our trip from Cebu to Bohol via Ocean Jet was smooth and relatively prompt.


Ocean Jet via Luzviminda Travel and Tours
Web: http://oceanjet.luzvimindatravelandtours.com/
Email: oceanjet@luzvimindatravelandtours.com
Skype/YM: luzvimindatravelandtours
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/oceanjetlibrebalikpromo.page
Phone Nos: (Manila)  +63(2)6229632
                   (Cebu) +63(32)4167479
Mobile: +63(917)6257776
              +63(920)9577759
              +63(932)8677768

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful review. In behalf of Luzviminda Travel and Tours, we would like to extend our appreciation for visiting Cebu and Bohol. Please do come back in your future travels. Thank you for availing our services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its my first time to travel with bolshet OCEAN JET FERRY

    Last friday November 7,2014 Dumaguete City to Cebu City ( via Tagbilaran? you know what happen?

    Im with American guy and he have a operation in his LEG, when i request the seat number for me and for american guy beside of the door and no chair in front of me and the american guy because he need to straight his leg and the lady who gives the seat number SHE IS AN IDIOT LADY 3 times i ask her if this seat number she to me and for american guy is in front of the door and no chair in front and she said yes sir, so im comfortable because i feel no problem BUT when i and the american guy is inside of the ferry already the seat number is not the chair what i want for me and for the american guy, the chair beside of the window and theres a chairs in front me and also, then the ferry crew said that we occupied the chairs in front of the door but there's a passengers request also on that chairs but they don't have any reason why they need to occupied the all 5 chairs, they are look professional but there attitude like a garbage, they don't care about the situation of the american guy. the american guy have operation in his leg and he is 68 year old.

    When the ocean ferry arrive at the sea port of Tagbilaran they don't announce that all passengers going to Cebu City need to transfer to the other ferry because the engine of the ferry is not okay to travel to Cebu City, NO ADVICE TO THE PASSENGER.

    When we come back to Dumaguete City from Cebu City November 11,2014 same what happen last November 7,2014

    OCEAN JET HAVE IDIOT, LIAR EMPLOYEE'S specially there in Dumaguete City sea port and in sea port 1 in Cebu City who give the seat number.

    BOBO, TANGA, SINUNGALING
    NOT RECOMMENDED

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its my first time to travel with bolshet OCEAN JET FERRY

    Last friday November 7,2014 Dumaguete City to Cebu City ( via Tagbilaran? you know what happen?

    Im with American guy and he have a operation in his LEG, when i request the seat number for me and for american guy beside of the door and no chair in front of me and the american guy because he need to straight his leg and the lady who gives the seat number SHE IS AN IDIOT LADY 3 times i ask her if this seat number she to me and for american guy is in front of the door and no chair in front and she said yes sir, so im comfortable because i feel no problem BUT when i and the american guy is inside of the ferry already the seat number is not the chair what i want for me and for the american guy, the chair beside of the window and theres a chairs in front me and also, then the ferry crew said that we occupied the chairs in front of the door but there's a passengers request also on that chairs but they don't have any reason why they need to occupied the all 5 chairs, they are look professional but there attitude like a garbage, they don't care about the situation of the american guy. the american guy have operation in his leg and he is 68 year old.

    When the ocean ferry arrive at the sea port of Tagbilaran they don't announce that all passengers going to Cebu City need to transfer to the other ferry because the engine of the ferry is not okay to travel to Cebu City, NO ADVICE TO THE PASSENGER.

    When we come back to Dumaguete City from Cebu City November 11,2014 same what happen last November 7,2014

    OCEAN JET HAVE IDIOT, LIAR EMPLOYEE'S specially there in Dumaguete City sea port and in sea port 1 in Cebu City who give the seat number.

    BOBO, TANGA, SINUNGALING
    NOT RECOMMENDED

    ReplyDelete