Friday, February 11, 2011

Clueless About Cars

We've been wanting to buy a family car for the longest time. I remember my dad intending to buy twice, and each time, whenever he already has enough money to make the purchase, something always came up. And he would end up spending the money on these emergency expenses instead and put our dream of buying a car on hold.

Last year, he started perusing car sales websites again and my mom has hinted that he is serious about buying this time. And if things turn out well, we would finally have our much-awaited family car before the year ends. I'm crossing my fingers.

The thought of having our own car excites me but at the same time, it reminds me of how clueless I am about cars. As in I know nothing--nada, zip, zero--about cars. But I trust that my dad knows enough to make a good choice. I remember him being a car mechanic of my grandfather's old Ford Piera.

As for me, I fancy about taking driving lessons and educating myself about cars. I stumbled upon this Houston auto repair website and found it to be very useful. Things like water pump, transmissions, timing belt, etc are still quite alien to me. But I appreciate the car reviews and ratings, and the ability to choose you car's make and model and find out what people are saying about it and what problems are they having with it. I also like the Auto Repair Encyclopedia--really helpful for someone who is as clueless as I am.

So which car will it be? That would depend on my dad's budget. But based on the pictures that I caught him looking at, I think he prefers the 4x4 type, the quintessential family car. If money is not an issue, I'd definitely want to buy a ford expedition. Why? It's Ford and it looks just awesome and the reviews are not bad either. But it's really up to him.



Hopefully, when we finally have one, I know enough about cars to make a decent review about it :) Hopefully.

3 comments:

  1. Sa hirap ng buhay these days, I'd go for a vehicle that runs on diesel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for you and your family! Kelan kaya yung sa amin? (Hubby, magbasa ka ng mga posts ko!)

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chew On This, hehe. Bahala na si Papa kung anong bibilin niya.

    @Lexi, sana nga matuloy na. 3x ng napopostpone eh. Crossing my fingers :)

    ReplyDelete