Friday, February 18, 2011

Product: Cocomo Swimwear

Less than a month before our Boracay trip, I realized that I only have one swimwear. I'm sure you'll agree with me that wearing the same bikini for 4 days would be unfashionable and um, unhygienic. I knew I need at least two more sets. I went to nearby shopping malls but I didn't find anything that I like. I also scanned Multiply sites hoping there's something that will catch my fancy. Those that did, however, were too expensive than what I'm prepared to spend.

Until I saw Beeconomic's deal of the day: for P649, one can purchase a Cocomo Swimwear coupon worth P1299. It's like a half-off deal. I took a peek at Cocomo Multiply site and thought that their products look nice. The colors and patterns were trendy and youthful. So before I gave myself a chance to think twice, I quickly purchased two coupons from Beeconomic and proceeded to Cocomo's website to place my orders.

Bondi Beach Bikini

Bondi Beach Reversible Bikini Set (Photo taken from Cocomo Swimwear)




This looked really cute and the fact that they're reversible is like having 2 bikinis for the price of one. However, when my order arrived, the first thing that I noticed was the thick hem of the bikini that makes it look bulgy. The string laces are also too wide than I want it to be. The blue-and-white striped side is okay, but the reversible concept didn't work because the yellow fabric on the other side is flimsy. Unlike with the striped fabric, the yellow side has no inner lining hence the bust pads are showing through it. If you have a full-figure like I do, it can be a challenge to wear the bikini top without feeling that it will overflow once you start moving/swimming.


Anchor Tankini

Anchor Tankini Set (Photo taken from Cocomo Swimwear)


This one is more conservative and fortunately, it fits me perfectly. I like how the bikini is semi-boyleg and hugs my upper thighs snugly. The tankini top is also just right and it didn't feel tight around my body. The length is okay and it sits just under my belly button. Although, I had to wear a sheer lace bandeau underneath it because I didn't like to display my cleavage. Other than that, I found no problem wearing this set.

Overall Verdict

Colors are faithful to the pictures on their site, but since I've only washed them twice, I'm not sure how long they will stay vibrant. The fabric is of good quality and it feels soft and breathable. The size is accurate with the measurement posted on their site. Ordering was a breeze, Cocomo responded to my inquiries promptly. It took Xend 4 days to deliver the package to our house in Laguna, but I'm not complaining because I got it a few days before our flight to Caticlan.

UPDATE (April 2014): After using the Bondi Beach Bikini twice, the colors have faded. The yellow fabric stained the blue-white stripes. No longer using it as it looks shabby now (after using it twice), and I won't be able to wear a two-piece bikini without a cover-up anyway. The Anchor Tankini lost an eyelet after the first use (I think it lost another two on subsequent use) and the colors have faded a bit too, but I'm still using it up to now because I really like how it fits.

4 comments:

  1. I like the reversible bikini. Very good idea.

    Hi there! Thanks for the visit sis. Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it's cute. Can't wait to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kahit ako mag bikini I'll surely wear something to cover my body up haha (I'm really shy like that). Didn't know that a swimwear's color fades rin pala. I guess that's because I don't own one eh. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really planning to wear the bikini without the coverup. But I sensed that my husband didn't like the idea, although he told me "ikaw bahala". I know too well that that means he doesn't approved of it.

    As for the color of the bikini, the more expensive and high-end brands don't fade easily. I hope this brand doesn't too :)

    ReplyDelete