Thursday, March 3, 2011

Product: Godiva Inhibition

When I was looking for a new deo to try (after using Avon's Quelch for soooo many years), Godiva Inhibition Deodorant was among the most recommended. It's conveniently sold at most Watson's branches and was said to live up to its claims, so my choice was made easily.




Godiva Inhibition is a roll-on deo. And being a roll-on, I noted and experienced the usual complaints such as longer drying time, hence the sticky, wet feeling when not dried thoroughly and the yellow stain on clothes. I think there are no other options--no spray, no stick, no cream variants--to choose from so if you are averse to anything with balls on top, I'd say cross this out from your list.

But if you don't care about the manner of application, you might be interested in its product claims. According to the label, Godiva Inhibition can help lessen hair growth, which means less waxing, less shaving, less laser treatment is needed. Add that to the whitening and antiperspirant properties, this would seem to be the best deodorant that will ever touch your armpit.

But is there any truth to the claims?

As an antiperspirant, it wasn't impressive because there were times when I felt wet. Honestly, I doubt if it can keep me dry and comfortable during hot humid summer months.If I apply too much, I'd get icky yellow stains on my clothes. If I apply less, I'd get soaked underarms.

As a whitening product, I did see some changes, but nothing significant. Perhaps the most significant is that it didn't darken my underarms.

As for impeding hair growth, I really can't tell because I pluck my underarm hair often (which is a bad practice, I know) and if they were growing slower, the difference was very minimal for me to notice. Although I did observe that my chicken-skin (that I got from plucking) got softer and smoother since I started using Godiva Inhibition.

I forgot how much it costs (it didn't go beyond P200, I'm sure of that) because it's been a while since I used up my first bottle and have decided to switch to a different deodorant. Overall, it's an okay product. But I chose to try another brand because of its inability to keep me dry at all-times, the hassle of waiting for it to dry, and the yellow stains that it leaves on my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment